Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions
November 9, 2012
The blog entitled “Constructing Diversified Investment Portfolios” (“Blog”) is Copyright © 2012, by Ted Johnson (“Author”). All rights are reserved. The Author may use this Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions (“Disclaimer”) by reference or hyperlink for other publications outside of the Blog (“Other Publications”).
1. By accessing the Blog or Other Publications you agree to be bound by the provisions of this Disclaimer. If you do not wish to be bound by these provisions your only option is to terminate your access.
2. All information within the Blog or Other Publications including, but not limited to, the Author’s writing, any hyperlinks to third-party web sites, any mention of other external information sources, any reproduction of information from external sources, or any advertising (“Information”) represents the Author’s opinion and is intended for informational and/or educational purposes only. The Author does not guarantee the suitability or potential value of any particular investment.
3. The Information supplied should not be considered as financial, investment, tax, or legal advice on any subject matter and should not be considered as an offering of advisory services
4. The Information is not to be used to make any investment decisions without first consulting with a financial advisor to consider an individual’s investment objectives and financial situation. Remember that with all investments past performance is not an indicator of future results.
5. The Information may be time sensitive and may not be updated at a later time if circumstances change. However, the information may also be modified, improved, discontinued, or deleted without notice.
6. The Information provided does not constitute an offer to sell or buy securities or the solicitation of an offer to sell or buy securities.
7. The Author is not responsible for the content of any web site owned by a third party that may be linked via hyperlink or other methods of incorporation, whether such hyperlink or incorporation is provided by Author or by a third party. The Author has not been involved in the preparation of the content from third-party providers and does not explicitly or implicitly approve or endorse such content. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
8. The Author is not responsible for the content of comments added by a third party. The Author has not been involved in the preparation of the content of third-party comments and does not explicitly or implicitly approve or endorse such content.
9. The Author expressly disclaims any liability arising out of your use of the Information and is not responsible for the results obtained from, or interpretations made as a result of, your use of Information. The Author does not warranty the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, reliability, timeliness, suitability or availability of any Information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions.
10. ALL INFORMATION IS FURNISHED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT ACCESS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
11. IN NO EVENT WILL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTY, MISREPRESENTATION, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION, OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF THE AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. The maximum liability of the Author to you for all claims arising from the use of the Information or any other use of the Blog or Other Publications is limited to the amount you paid the Author for such use. If you have not paid the Author for such use, then the amount will be $1 (one US dollar).
13. The Author may hold positions in securities mentioned in the Information at the time of publication or shortly thereafter.
14. If any provision of this Disclaimer is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Disclaimer, which will remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of this Disclaimer will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision.
15. This Disclaimer constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Author with respect to the use of the Information.
16. This Disclaimer may be modified at any time without notice and at the sole discretion of the Author. Changes to this Disclaimer become effective on the date they are posted and your continued access of the Blog or Other Publications after any changes will signify your agreement to be bound by them.
17. The laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to this Disclaimer and your use of the Information, products or services acquired from the Blog or Other Publications. All claims arising out of or relating to this Disclaimer and your use of the Information, products or services acquired from the Blog or Other Publications will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Sacramento County, California, USA.